Friday, October 29, 2010

A Spooky Friday

1. Halloween Cookies

My project for tonight is to make these cookies:


source 
They are for a Halloween party we are going to tomorrow night. I might make some different variations depending on what cookie cutters I have. Hopefully they will come out as cute. Maybe I'll update later in the week with pictures of my cookies. For more adorable cookies to make for any occasion check out Bridget's blog over at Bake at 350 . 

2. McDonald's Coffee

I know I'm a Boston girl and I'm supposed to just love LOVE Dunkin Donuts Coffee. Well guess what. I don't. Actually, I more or less hate it. I think it tastes like sewage. or bathwater. or something equally disgusting. When I'm out and about and need a cuppa' joe I head to Mickey D's!

source 
Now, I know McDonald's usually gets kind of a bad rep for most of their products but they do their coffee RIGHT. McDonald's serves Newman's Own organic coffee and it is delicious. This is usually the kind of coffee I buy for my home coffee machine. It is so much better than Dunks or Starbucks (in my opinion) AND you can get any size for just $1!

3. True Blood

For the Halloween party we're going to tomorrow night, Hubs and I are going as Sookie and Bill from one of our favorite shows True Blood.
source 
While I like this costume idea because it is a cute couple costume and it is based on two of our favorite characters, Hubs likes it because it requires minimal dressing up on his part.

4. Our Landlord

Our landlord is a little kooky woman who is probably in her late 60s. I give her credit because she does all the mowing and yard work around the townhouses all on her own. The past few days she's been raking and mowing every afternoon. The other day I saw her and it looked to me like she was mowing the driveway. The paved driveway. I soon realized that she was actually just using the mower to suck up the leaves in the driveway. Ok. Fine. Today though...today I come home from work to find her walking up and down the street, mowing the WHOLE street. Not people's yards on the street. The actual street. She doesn't own the whole street, just the two townhouse buildings but she apparently felt the need to suck up all the leaves in the city. She cracks me up.

5. Nail Polish

I found a new nail polish I love. In the fall and winter, I'm always drawn to dark shades of nail polish. Usually I stick to OPI it is high quality and it leaves a good, even coating. One day I decided to paint my nails but could not find any of my nail polish (I think it all got lost or thrown out in the move a few months ago.) I was in Target and just decided to settle on something cheaper and not as professional as OPI. I finally decided on this:

source 
Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure in "Pat on the Black. It promised a salon manicure finish but I was doubtful. I got home and tried it out. The color I got is a dark, dark shade of purple, almost black. After just one coat, it was dark and covered enough to be done! I threw on a second coat for good measure and my nails were beautiful! Sally, you have proved me wrong! For a fraction of the price of OPI, I got results that were just as good. Also, I had this on my nails for a good week and a half before I saw any chipping! I think I may have found a new go-to nail polish.


Happy Halloween! What are your plans?
Hubs just came up and told me he ate TWO of the FULL SIZED candy bars we got for trick-or-treaters. In one sitting!!




No comments:

Post a Comment