Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Already?!

Woah! How'd it get to be Friday again so quickly!? I guess that's what a long weekend will do. It's fabulous having only a four day work week! It's a good Friday! Hubs and I are heading up to Vermont tonight AND I just found out that I got a new (second) job!! I interviewed yesterday and they called me today! It was one that I really wanted so I'm super excited. More on that later though.


This week was a little bit more difficult thinking of a Friday Five but I promised I'd do it every week so I guess I just have to put the effort in!


1. Mags


One of my closest friends from college came to visit from Indiana for the long weekend! I hadn't seen her in over a year and she wasn't able to make it up for our wedding so it was great to see her and catch up!



Plus, I know she's a blog follower and she compared me to The Pioneer Woman so of course I needed to include her in my Friday Five!

2. Pandora

No, not the planet from Avatar. 

or the charm bracelet brand.


I'm sure this is old news for most people and this is in no way a new discovery to me, its just something that is on my mind. If you're not familiar, Pandora is a music website where you can listen to music for free at anytime. It is kind of like the radio but you have more control. You just type in the name of a band or song you are into and it will create a "station" based on your likes. The downside is that you can't listen to any song you want at anytime but I kind of like the surprise of what is coming next! I listen to it pretty much anytime I'm doing something on the computer!

3. Fifth Graders

Prior to this year, my teaching experience had primarily consisted of teaching the younger grades (first and second.) This year I am working almost exclusively teaching fifth grade math. I wasn't sure how I would like it but as it turns out, I love fifth grade!

source 
Sure, they're a little awkward but I feel like I can actually talk to them if that makes sense. You don't have to baby them as much as the younger kids and I leave feeling like they really appreciate my help. They're actually kind of funny too!

4. Sister Wives

This new series on TLC is just fascinating to me. It follows the lives of the Browns, a family of fundamentalist Mormons who practice polygamy. The husband, Kody, has four wives, Meri, Janelle, Christine, and Robyn and they all live together with their combined 16 children. 

source 
I am in no way promoting the practice of polygamy (although I admit, I have asked a few of my friends if they will be my sister wife....Hubs said I'm as much wife as he can handle) but it is interesting just to watch the family dynamic of these people. The "sister wives" are all each others best friends and share in the duties of the household, yet they still have normal feeling of jealousy at times. If you haven't seen it yet, catch the season finale (already?!) on Sunday. I for one am hoping for a season two of this one...

5. My Sister-In-Law

I have kind of a unique situation. Growing up with only one brother, I have always wanted a sister. When I first met Hubs, he only had three brothers. I thought all hope was lost at ever gaining a sister. About a year into our relationship however, Hubs gained a sister and all hope for me getting a sister-in-law wasn't lost! She is so much more I could have ever asked for in a sister-in-law. 


This is my two year old sister in law and she is a fairy (not really.)  I guess she's not what you would typically think of when you hear the term "sister in law" but I wouldn't ask for it any other way. She was the CUTEST baby and is still the CUTEST two year old. You might just think I'm being biased but seriously, I think I would think that even if we weren't related. She made an adorable flower girl in our wedding and keeps us constantly entertained. We get to see her when we visit Hubs parents in Vermont this weekend and we are so excited! 

Happy Friday! Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love your Friday Fives! While in NH last weekend we caught sister-wives and it made for a lot of interesting conversation. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara! Congrats on your new job too! So exciting! It's 6 am I couldn't sleep in so I'm watching taboo on netflix :)

    ReplyDelete