Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Colorado



Hubs and I went to Colorado this weekend for his cousin's wedding.

It was beautiful. Driving through the Rockies was just mind blowing. We just don't have those kinds of mountains here in New England. 



While hubs, the groom and the other groomsmen hiked the Rockies, I helped the bride and the bridesmaids put together flower arrangements...

The wedding was held at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. This is apparently the hotel that Stephen King based the book (and later movie) The Shining after. They usually give haunted tours of the hotel which hubs was excited to go on. Fortunately (for me,) they were not holding any this weekend. 
source
no creepy twins for us this weekend.

The wedding was beautiful. Very formal and elegant. Unlike our hott mess of a wedding. Well, ours was beautiful and believe me, the best day of my life and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding. Theirs was just...very different from ours. Take a look:
yes, those are morning suits the guys are wearing
huge, amazing, and delicious
everything was very pink

beautiful couple

and they got whisked away in their horse and carriage!


Colorado was fun and a beautiful place to visit but I think I'm happy in my cozy little New England lifestyle. I was glad to come home. All in all we had a great weekend. We got to spend time with some of hubs' family and see a gorgeous part of the country. Oh yeah...and a lot of wildlife...

the elk are everywhere and don't seem to care if people are golfing around them...

...and we met a bear-dog. This guy (Balto) was the ring bearer at a wedding that was to be held later that day. The picture doesn't do his size and bear like qualities justice.





















1 comment:

  1. Fabulous!!! I want to go back! I forgot to ask - did you see the prairie dogs in front of the Stanley?! SO COOL! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete